Hemp Seed Oil for Dogs
While standard dog food can certainly come packed with plenty of essential nutrients, you can always supplement your dog’s dietary regimen with healthy natural oils packed with natural fatty acids and other nutrients that are good for the skin and fur. Out of all the oil options the Hemp seed is highly rated. While Hemp oil is proven to be effective for humans, it offers a variety of benefits for your four-legged friend too.
Hemp seed oil is derived from the seeds of the Cannabis sativa plant it has garnered a lot of attention given how it has been effective for humans, whether for de-stressing or for skincare. It has proven to be equally effective for pets. So whenever you are giving them scratches or belly rubs, try it with Hemp Seed oil. You can either stroke it on your pet or give it to them orally with a dropper or add in in their food.
Is Hemp Seed Oil Safe for Dogs?
Yes, Hemp Seed Oil is safe for dogs. Even though the dosage contains CBD and THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) they are extremely low and there is nothing dangerous. Most oils present in the market are devoid of these chemicals making it safe for use.Just to make sure, check the label before purchasing. The dosage should be 0.3% THC.
How to use Hemp Oil For Dogs?
There are different methods to administer Hemp Oil for your dogs.
Direct Oral Application: You could also apply CBD oil to your dog’s mouth directly; or you could use a dropper to get the CBD in your pet’s mouth. If your dog tolerates this method, stick with it! Just remember to be gentle with your dog-don’t gag or squeeze their mouth too tight. Remember that you have to follow the precise dosage of your pets. If your dog isn’t feeling good, take the oil on its tongue. You can rub the oil under their cheeks. This is also one of the most effective methods for precise dosing.
Mix It With Food: Or pick up chew toys that contain hemp oil in them. This is an easier method to give the oil to the dogs. Consuming hemp oils is with the mouth and gums is ideal because the absorption levels this way are higher.
Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil for Pets
In recent times, Hemp Seed Oil has received a lot of attention in the market. This oil has proven to be quite effective for pets and we list some of the benefits
- Hemp Seed oil is a Multi-purpose oil. You can use it topically and orally for your pets. You can massage the oil on your pet’s skin to make the coat healthier, shinier, or you can add the oil to their food.
- If your pet is hyper and very active, then Hemp Seed Oil can help them calm down. This oil has therapeutic properties, which have a relaxing effect when consumed. Especially during loud celebrations and parties pets have a tough time, using hemp oil is a great way to clam them down on such occasions.
- Hemp seed oil works wonders on ageing and old pets with health issues like walking problems, arthritis, bones issues etc. Hemp Seed Oil can deal with all these issues. The anti-inflammatory properties will help heal and strengthen the body. Remember to start early and reap its benefits later.
- Most of our fur friends have shedding problems. Especially if they are not groomed on a daily basis, the shedding only gets worse. Hemp seed oil can soothe the skin and heal it, too. Even though it is safe to be used, always consult your vet for the right amount of dosage and duration.
- Some dogs have sensitive stomachs. They can’t take heavy diets. Hemp seed oil provides a brilliant solution for this. All you need to do is introduce this oil as a supplement in the pet’s diet. This oil is easily digestible and cures all digestive problems.
So these are all the wonderful benefits of Hemp Seed Oil for pets. As responsible owners, we have to take care of the pet’s health. Hemp seed oil is a great supporting supplement for pets to build up their immune system and make them healthy.