5 Effective Home Remedies to Tackle Hair Damage.
Voluminous, glossy hair is the ultimate dream. But throw in chemicals, pollution, and stress, and most of us end up with severely damaged hair. Proper hair-care and conditioning has become an essential part of our schedule to combat damage. Sravya Kalidindi compiles a list of natural home remedies that you can switch for your chemical-laden products and harsh styling tools. It also goes without saying that a healthy diet is essential in bringing it all together, and keep your tresses looking natural and healthy for a long time.
Fenugreek Hair Mask
Fenugreek seeds are rich in folic acid and vitamins, which helps in strengthening and nourishment of hair.
- Fenugreek Seeds
- Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds overnight and make a paste.
- Add a few drops of castor oil and coconut oil to the paste.
- Apply the fenugreek mixture on your scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Use the mix twice a week for quick repair and nourishment.
Eggs contain proteins, phosphorus and calcium in required amounts for preventing hair damage.
- Egg White
- Olive Oil
- Mix an egg white with 3-4 drops of olive oil and two spoons of honey.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water.
Use it once a week for better hair care.
Yoghurt Hair Mask
Yoghurt is an excellent nourishing and cleansing agent as it contains lactic acid.
- Olive Oil
- Take a cup of yoghurt and mix two spoons of olive oil to form a paste.
- Apply this mixture to the shampooed hair and cover the hair with a shower cap for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water.
Try the mix twice a month for deeper nourishment.
Amla is rich in vitamin C and essential fatty acids which offer proper hair care.
- Amla Powder
- Shikakai Powder
- Take equal amounts of amla powder and shikakai powder and make a paste with water.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
Use once a week for better results.
Castor oil acts as an anti-inflammatory and conditioning agent due to its essential omega fatty acids.
- Castor Oil.
- Mustard Oil.
- Mix 5 spoons of castor oil with two teaspoons of mustard oil.
- Massage well into your scalp for about 15 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair with warm water.
Apply twice a week for hair growth.