Voluminous, glossy hair is the ultimate dream. But throw in chemicals, pollution, and stress, and most of us end up with severely damaged hair. Proper hair-care and conditioning has become an essential part of our schedule to combat damage. Sravya Kalidindi compiles a list of natural home remedies that you can switch for your chemical-laden products and harsh styling tools. It also goes without saying that a healthy diet is essential in bringing it all together, and keep your tresses looking natural and healthy for a long time.
Fenugreek Hair Mask
Fenugreek seeds are rich in folic acid and vitamins, which helps in strengthening and nourishment of hair.
- Fenugreek Seeds
- Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds overnight and make a paste.
- Add a few drops of castor oil and coconut oil to the paste.
- Apply the fenugreek mixture on your scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Use the mix twice a week for quick repair and nourishment.
Eggs contain proteins, phosphorus and calcium in required amounts for preventing hair damage.
- Egg White
- Olive Oil
- Mix an egg white with 3-4 drops of olive oil and two spoons of honey.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water.
Use it once a week for better hair care.
Yoghurt Hair Mask
Yoghurt is an excellent nourishing and cleansing agent as it contains lactic acid.
- Olive Oil
- Take a cup of yoghurt and mix two spoons of olive oil to form a paste.
- Apply this mixture to the shampooed hair and cover the hair with a shower cap for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water.
Try the mix twice a month for deeper nourishment.
Amla is rich in vitamin C and essential fatty acids which offer proper hair care.
- Amla Powder
- Shikakai Powder
- Take equal amounts of amla powder and shikakai powder and make a paste with water.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
Use once a week for better results.
Castor oil acts as an anti-inflammatory and conditioning agent due to its essential omega fatty acids.
- Castor Oil.
- Mustard Oil.
- Mix 5 spoons of castor oil with two teaspoons of mustard oil.
- Massage well into your scalp for about 15 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair with warm water.
Apply twice a week for hair growth.